Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why Ethiopia?

So many people ask why Ethiopia. Why not Ethiopia. J and I researched and found the greatest need and God led us to Ethiopia. There is a great number of children who are orphans because of HIV/AIDS, malaria, famine, and poverty. The illiteracy rate is 80%. Just thinking about those facts just gives me chills. When I go to sleep at night or when I check in on my girls, I just thank God for my blessings. I am not saying that children in foster homes in the US are not in need, but there aren't any foster homes, schools for every child, good medical care, etc. That is just my opinion. It doesn't matter, every child needs a loving family no matter domestically or internationally. God just directed us to Ethiopia and even though the wait is long and torturous, (smile) I know God has chosen him for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment